Thursday, March 5, 2015

A New Adventure


The pattern section on my site has been a bit quiet lately, all for a very good reason that I am very excited about. This spring I will be opening a small online shop filled with all kinds of fiberwares and a few calligraphy pieces. I have been hard at work preparing to send my handmade treasures into the world. Sharing my handmade pieces with others has always been in the back of my mind, but I've never had the valiance to try. Sharing patterns on this site has really helped with that, and I couldn't be more thankful for the kind words you all have shared with me. I've also had so much encouragement from my family and friends to just give this a go. Mind you, this little shop will be limited in inventory, since I work a regular job and it takes lots of time, as most of you know, to hand make products. But that's what makes them so special, and I love this slow careful process and I hope others will, too. There will be lots of linen and cotton pieces available since where I live, we are diving into spring! I can't wait to share everything. On another fiber note, these are a few knit pieces from some lovely designers that I have been dreaming of making for myself!

This dovetail wrap looks so soft and cozy. I would love it in Heirloom White, I think.  I imagine myself wearing it to the camp or a mountainy vacation I have been dreaming of.

I've never worked with Jones and Vandermeer yarn, and the Dafne tank by Julie Hoover seems to be the perfect excuse. I can see this being my go to summer top.

Another beautiful design by Julie Hoover that keeps making its way into my brain is the Hayward sweater. It looks so effortless but classy at the same time.

Although the patterns above are all knitting patterns, I am still crocheting up a storm with my own designs and products for the shop. I'm thinking of treating myself to this crochet hook set for my birthday next month^_^ It's been on my wishlist for sometime, and I know I will get TONS of use out of them. I hope everyone is enjoying this last leg of winter and are having lots of daydreams about new spring adventures!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!