Tuesday, January 20, 2015

All The Citrus



In the past year or two, Trent and I have made an effort to eat locally grown produce, and with that commitment we have been seasonal eating. We have recently become acquainted with the sweetest little Farmer's Market near our home that we visit on the weekends to get our produce, dairy, and coffee for the week. Shopping the seasons has allowed me to obsess over what each one has to offer, and oh how I look forward to my favorites. If you haven't guessed already, winter has me on a citrus craze, and I can't get enough! Our weekly citrus haul consists of blood oranges, navel oranges, satsumas, tangerines, grapefruits, lemons, and kumquats, and man oh man they are good! I've been dreaming of making a citrusy bundt cake or little madeleines, however I can't seem to set any aside for baking before consuming them all. I'm so grateful for the local farmers and the market that we have available to us so close to home. And eating seasonal produce has made me appreciate each season so much more. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!