Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Warm Weather Lists


I've pulled all the lettuce out of my garden, and in their place I have dinner plate dahlias sprouting up. We finally built a stand to hang our beautiful handmade cypress swing that my uncle built, and the majority of our afternoons are spent on our swing, watching our garden grow, sipping iced coffee, and talking or reading in peaceful silence. These recent warm weather days have been SO good, and I look forward to what this season will bring. I have a lot of warm weather recipes and crochet projects I've been thinking about and even more books on my summer reading list, so I thought I'd share them in case anyone is in need of some warm-weather inspiration. In case you haven't noticed, I am a big list maker. Here's to all you other overly organized list makers out there!

Recipes

Fried Green Tomatoes with Buttermilk-Feta Dressing because the little green tomatoes in my garden have my mouth watering and I can't wait until they ripen to pick them.

Whole Wheat Milk and Honey Sandwich Bread for summer picnics and weekend lunches on the back porch.

Skillet Peach Cobbler served with buttery vanilla ice-cream for my summertime sweet tooth and cast-iron skillet obsession. 

The Coffee Ice Cube Latte for the poor coffee that was destined for the drain and lazy afternoon pick-me ups. 

Bourbon + Spiced Pear Cocktail for when our pears have ripened and are ready to pick.

Books

Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner - I am about half way through this one, and it is delightfully witty and wonderful. 

Modern Lovers by Emma Straub - I adored her first novel The Vacationers and am excited to read her newest book.

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - My husband says I'll love it and probably cry a good bit too... 

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls - A true story of a girl who rose from a dysfunctional family and nomadic lifestyle to become a successful kind woman with no resentment and so much love in her heart. 

The Inimitable Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse - A classic author that has been on my list for awhile. 

Fiber Projects

A crochet version of the Slope Tank in Purl's new Linen Quill

A simple version of the Hannah Tee with no lacework in the back in a nude pink

Wool and the Gang's Off The Wall Hanging 

A crochet version of this tote using cotton yarn and some camel handles that I've been saving for something special

This comfy ribbed shrug in a neutral colorway







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!