Sunday, September 17, 2017

Blush Tank


I finished my first knit garment this weekend. It has a few rows of twisted stitches from frogging and placing the stitches back on the needle incorrectly, several loose stitches that look like holes, and the seaming and woven ends look quite messy despite the immense care that I put into finishing it. But I am so proud of it, mistakes and all.

The pattern is Breezy by Erika Knight made with Wool and the Gang's Shiny Happy Cotton yarn in the colorway Nude Pink. My gauge was a bit small, but I didn't want to go up a needle size, so I just made a size bigger than I normally would. I also lengthened the body a bit and shortened the length of the straps to have a higher neckline. I loved working with the soft cotton during our extreme southern heat, and I'm so happy to have finished it in time to get some wear out of it before our cool weather makes an appearance. Now onto finish my first knit sweater for whenever fall decides to show up!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!